Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Make Your Choice



Do you have trouble choosing a side? Do you hate being caught in the middle of people's strong opinions? Or do you refuse to voice your opinion because it can do harm to who you are in your profession? Afraid people might try to discredit you if they really knew what you thought? We are now in an age where you can be shamed for the values we once fought for. You can lose your employment and your business for just the offense of being who you are without going out of the way to place your values on others.

The feeling of "stuck" on speaking my values does cross my mind from time to time. Everything I have the Lord gave it to me, and he can take it away just the same. So, being afraid to speak the truth is another burden from Society. Society wrote me off a long time ago. But, God! He did not.
    
"How long will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him (1 Kings 18:21)." And if it seems evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD ( Joshua 24:15).

So, with all the political jargons and lies being spread by the media. I have to choose for my children and myself the way that leads me back to my Father in heaven. No, matter who it takes me from or who it puts me with I needs to hold true to my convictions. Not prejudices or wants but embedded values for family and life. I find it very unnerving that America has taken the position of forcing people to embrace activities that contradict the idea of our founding fathers entrusted us to keep. Yes, I understand that we have made adjustments that have made America better as time has gone on but to take away rights? We should give rights not take away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Women of the Bible Part 1