Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2019

Modeling Thankful






On my ride home from work, I often listen to Focus on the Family at 4pm. I remember a speaker stated something along the lines of, “Grateful people, seem to be more satisfied in life.” So, it got me to thinking. I know you’re thinking…. dangerous. Right? So, I began to make a list of the things that I was grateful for. The length of my list in my head was lengthy. As I finished my thankful list, I was quickly bombarded by my ungrateful list. One thing being, I wish my children were more appreciative of my struggle to give them a decent life. I had to stop myself because I knew that my ungrateful list would eventually take away the joy for the things for which I am genuinely thankful for. So, before I rushed home to remove all items from my perceived ungrateful spawn and give them one piece back including an outfit every week until they learned to be grateful, I decided that my children should know that I am so blessed to have had them and for the other things that I am thankful for. As a teacher, I know a good way to teach something is by model it. 
What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Women of the Bible Part 1